lOx 16" of velvet or other fabric
2 ounces of lentils or other grains
Eyes: buttons, embroidered eyes
Thread: Embroideiy floss for mouth
To make the Bear:
Trace around pattern adding 1/4" seam allowances. Cut one body back on fold: cut 2(1 reversed) body fronts and 4 ears.
- Pin the EAR pieces right sides together and sew around the top. Leave the bottom open. Turn right side out. Fold a small tuck in the ear front and pin.
- Pin the BODY FRONTS together and stitch the front seams. If you plan to machine embroider EYES, do its this point
- Open the front. Pin the EARS in place on top of the HEAD. Stitch in place.
- Fold a small tuck, as shown on the pattern, on both sides of the BODY BACK piece at the top of the LEGS, This forms the bears seat. Pin or baste in place.
- Pin the BODY BACK and BODY FRONT together, matching the circle shapes. Stitch around the entire body, except for a 1 1/2" opening on top of the HEAD for turning and stuffing. Clip the seam allowances on all inside corners so the seams will not pull when turned.
- Turn the bear right side out Open the top of a bag of lentils. Push the opening into the bear's hole. Carefully pour the bear almost full of lentils.
- To finish, close the hole by tucking in a small hem and the ladder stitch. Embroider the nose, eyes and mouth.
Sew Front Seam
Turn and Stuff